FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - nile river cruise
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:58 am
as219

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I booked years ago through an Egyptian company "Lady Egypt". The whole 6 week personal tour for myself and husband with guide and driver was half the price than something that Scenic Tours had for a bus load of people. I still chat with one of the guides from my trip.
Originally Posted by FlossieFlyer
I booked in June 2015 for a cruise starting in May 2016.

My TA used Sun Island Tours and gave me a price. Expensive..but OK this is the heart of our trip so wanted to lock it in to arrange everything else.

Viator released their prices and it was about $1500 (AUD) less than quoted by Sun Island. My TA went back to Sun Island and had them see what they could do. Sun Island matched the price albeit a bit reluctantly - even my TA was surprised.

I have booked a number of tours and transfers with Nader of Nasco tours at the Hilton in Luxor - often a lot cheaper than my TA is quoting.

Nader is very responsive - [email protected] - and as he is based at the Hilton I am hoping we get Hilton level service.
Originally Posted by rivlinm
I think I used memphis tours. They wanted to charge me about 60usd for the sheraton after my cruise in lxr, but i found a rate for 45 with a nile view on my own. So shop around for the extras.

I think I paid just under 1k usd with a few extras and transfers to make my life easy. No clue if that was a good value, but i really enjoyed my trip.
All great info! Many thanks!! ^