FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Air Group to Acquire Virgin America [Discussion from April 4, 2016]
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:07 pm
SJC ORD LDR

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
You probably aren't a teenaged girl who liked the in-seat video and the general "Star Trek" feel of a VX cabin.

Personally, I'm fairly indifferent to F vs. Y on ~2-3 hour flights or less, as long as it's not knee-crunching NK pitch or something horrible. (Not surprisingly, I'm willing to fly airlines like VX or WN where you won't be getting free upgrades.) Mediocre booze and a snack? Meh. That's like $10-20 outside the plane. Quite often when I get someplace and how much I paid to get there are far more important. The bigger seat's nice but not essential if Y isn't horrible.
I wouldn't pay for F on a 2-3 hour flight, but I'll gladly take the upgrade. The mood lighting and seatback TVs don't really do much for me on a short flight.

Originally Posted by airplanegod
Hopefully regulators will force the "New AS" to keep the former VX transcon routes?

Also, will VX's planes be ripped of the PTV's/mood lighting, or will AS's planes get PTV's?
The regulators can't force AS to keep anything. If AS finds out those routes are losing a ton of money, they'll be gone.

Most of AS's flights are short enough where the PTV doesn't mean a thing. Also, AS is getting the Boeing Sky interior, which is kind of like mood lighting.

Originally Posted by wakeboarderjeff
After reading your post I looked up the safety video - I thought it was terrific!
Too each their own, I found the music annoying and it felt like it dragged on too long. I prefer the DL humor videos over the VX video. It's just personal taste.