FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New designs for Seatac expansion are out
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:37 pm
BearX220
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by djp98374
In this era of airline consolidation what airlines would want to operate from there?
In this era of unpredictable 24/7 traffic paralysis across greater Seattle, with people living north of the city missing more and more flights out of SEA because of gridlock on the ground, PAE is going to be more and more attractive for pax and airlines alike.

If DL had an early-morning PAE-SLC RJ connecting to an eastbound mainline bank, I'd be all over it. Paine is < 20 minutes from my house. And I bet onsite parking won't cost $28 a day either.

The more congested and impassable the Seattle metroplex, the stronger the case for PAE.

Originally Posted by djp98374
The other issue is a real safety issue because the approach for seattle goes right in that space below 10,000 feet.
As PAE and SEA are about 40 miles apart, and the southbound approaches to SEA pass directly over BFI, which is 6 or 7 miles from SEA, at 3,000 to 5,000 feet, I'd say you're raising a non-issue. And I presume you are aware that PAE is the scene of dozens of heavy movements daily which do not interfere with SEA arrivals or departures.