FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Does Anyone Play at CET?
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:23 am
animalj7

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I really hate CET. They are so cheap, and so chinsy with their comps. There is no personal service, and they treat every customer like a number. I am a mid- to high stakes table games player. This last trip my avg bet was about $800 for 3 hours. My suite that was comped (but not really cause they have these ridiculous resort fees) was nice. I called in the middle of the night and said can I have 4 bottles of water, the operator said she could only send two. I said okay two is fine.
What type of personal service are you looking for?

At $800 avg bet for 3 hours your theo for BJ would be something like:
  • $800 avg bet x 70 decisions/hr x 3 hrs x .006 house adv = $1008
Assuming that they return 40% of theo as comps, which I think is higher than what you would get, you are looking at ~$400 in comps from that session.

It was March Madness weekend and they refused to valet my car because it was full. Even though I am a hosted guest and play high, and have platinum status. The next day I got a slice of pizza and asked for a cup for water. The nice employee behind the desk said she'd have to charge me $1 for the cup.
The treatment at the pizza shop is in poor form, but what can valet do if the lot is full during a high occupancy weekend?

All these incidents just epitomize CET and how cheap they are. Not to mention how cheap their table games are. I have never seen so many 6:5 blackjack tables. I hate playing at their properties and I hate giving them any of my action. MGM treats their players so much better, their properties (Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, Aria) are so much nicer, and they have better games.
This shouldn't affect you as a higher stakes player. I haven't seen 6:5 surface in the high limit rooms, yet. This is a trend all over LV and is not specific to CET. For example, all 3:2 tables that I've seen at Venetian/Palazzo require a $50 minimum per hand.

It might be helpful to describe what you are looking to get from your gambling experience. Then you can choose a player's club that more closely aligns with your needs.