FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Emirates (EK) Awards Availability/Booking/Routing (2016 and Later)
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:40 am
zzrayzz

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by paladin732
Question about availability for DXB-->MLE:

I'll be booking a flight soon using the new valuations and am not finding any F on that leg. It looks like there is up close,but not for 2017, which is when my travel is.

Is there evidence that this flight opens later then the SFO/lax--dxb A380 flights? F availability is wide open on them.
I booked jfk-dxb(stopover)-mle on F for 2017 travel. I booked it 331 days out (from the departure date of the dxb-mle segment). I had booked online via AS website originally on J for both segments as that was what was only shown available on the website. Right after booking online, I made a call to AS asking rep to change my JFK-DXB to F since when searching separately online it had shown F space but when adding the MLE leg, the F space did not show up (their IT isnt great...). Rep said np and advised will need to charge me addtl miles (total 90k). Rep then looked into my DXB-MLE segment and advised that there was actually F space (only 1 seat) available as well and asked if I want to switch that as well (UH HELLLL YEA!) . I had no idea that there was even F space available for DXB-MLE and was fine with J (only 4hr flight). Only difference is I had to pay additional taxes on the flights (switching from J to F).

Just an FYI. Also, it seems that the AS website calendar only shows 330 days out? but you are able to search for flights up to 331 days. So my DXB-MLE flight date was technically greyed out (unclickable) on the AS website calendar when trying to search; but I manually typed it in and was able to search for it. Good luck and I advise calling AS to book since it appears they see more space/are more flexible at booking.