FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Financial Review discussion
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2016, 1:01 pm
CodeAdam10

Originally Posted by bodiddely
I went through a FR in February and at that time the app/website described it as "charging suspended," so I would be somewhat concerned in this case. Any idea what triggered the closure/FR? Did they receive a call? I received a voicemail about a "business matter from American Express" and called back after hours to get the form they needed sent to me - never had to speak with the actual FR case.

What initiated my FR, FWIW, it's charging about 20k on charge cards in one month (min spend bonuses on BGR and Biz Plat). After sending in the tax form they cleared me a week or so later with no CL changes.
I see. Thanks for that - sounds like a FR still should show accounts as being "suspended" as opposed to "closed".

No call from anyone at AmEx and he was unable to establish contact on Friday with the manager assigned to the case and they don't work weekends so can't say why...he did recently apply and was approved for both the SPG Pers/Biz cards and went a little heavy on meeting the spend within a week (so ~$8k+ in a week) ... maybe they didn't like that but who knows. Let's see what happens on Monday but from the looks of it it sounds like a "goodbye" from AmEx.