FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Volaris changes departure time of first flight by 8 minutes
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:34 am
emaij

Volaris changes departure time of first flight by 8 minutes

I am booked to fly ZIH-MEX-TIJ. Originally, my stopover time at MEX was 1 hour and 4 minutes. I just received an email stating that I (and my wife and kids) were rebooked to a connecting flight leaving over 2 hours later. The reason was that the first flight has been rescheduled to leave 8 minutes later than originally scheduled. As in, we will have 56 minutes in MEX instead of 1 hour and 4 mins. I told the agent that's fine. I cannot land at TIJ after 11 pm with 2 small kids. She checked with her supervisor and was told there is no way to override the computer and that the connection of 56 mins will not be permissible. She said they are willing to refund the flight for me.

There is an earlier departing flight ZIH-MEX on another domestic carrier. Can I force Volaris to put me on that flight? Otherwise, I'm going to be spending an extra $100 per flight on another airline. I would try to claim it back from Volaris, but am not optimistic about that.