FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - There is award availability, actually
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:22 am
FliGuy

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Petrus
Could not believe our luck this morning.
Had CW tickets to MIA return later in the year for a no kids wife and husband beach, sun, chill and shopping treat, going on the A380.
Randomly checked our dates and voila, three (yes, that is 3!) F seats available on avios. And for 45K avios all in for two from Club this is excellent value.

Looking at other destinations it seems reward space is better than in the previous three years.
I had a very similar experience on the same route (MIA on A380 in October). I had managed to get 4 CW Award seats which I thought was pretty good going in the first place. A few weeks ago I just happened to check to see if there was any F availability and there were 5 F Award seats there! Needless to say I called up asap to get us moved. Even the BAEC agent was surprised that 5 seats had opened up. Only downside is that we do not depart from T5 so no CCR and, by all accounts on here, a very disorganised boarding process in T3. However, I have never been to the BA F lounge in T3 so looking forward to a different experience.