FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition
Old Mar 28, 2016, 8:24 pm
jrkmsp

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
DL 895: MSP-SFO
Equipment: 757-300
Meal: Lunch
Distance: 1589 miles, block time: 4h5

This was a lengthy domestic flight — the longest flight from MSP still in the continental US — and the crew did a nice job of being available, attentive and helpful.

They started with full PDB, despite us getting a 10 minute late start to boarding, offered drinks and your choice of PPC (peanuts, pretzels or cookies) immediately after take-off, then followed up with the meal and more drinks, followed by a pass of the snack basket about an hour before landing — and of course more drinks.

All the while, they kept drinks filled before they could even go empty and tried to make the flight as comfortable as possible.

After takeoff:

The main event:

Entree: The famous Delta cheesburger
Sides: Potato salad, grapes, cheeses
Dessert: Cherry cheesecake
Drink: Red wine

Verdict: The burger and the potato salad were excellent. As were the grapes, the cheddar and the cherry pie. This is my second experience with the brie and I didn't like it any better this time.
And Delta's F wine continues to be above average.

The snack basket:

OMG BROWNIE BRITTLE. Enough said, right? The Chili'n in the corn nuts were good as well. And, after a couple of Woodfords and several glasses of red wine, I decided a little non-alcohol would be good before landing.

Another all-around great job by Delta.

Last edited by jrkmsp; Mar 28, 2016 at 9:32 pm Reason: Typos