FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Business Class to London
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:11 am
cmd320
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Forklift Steve
This will be our (wife & I) 1st. trip overseas and going to Heathrow in July.
Traveling out of Kansas City (MCI) so any flight taken has to connect somewhere such as Chicago, Dallas, Detroit etc..
I'm leaning towards American Airlines or Virgin Atlantic.
However might consider Air Canada or Delta as well.
We aren't big people 5'4" 150lbs., so don't need excessive leg space, However when typing out loud one thinks there isn't "excessive leg space" anywhere in the skies these day.
Probably thinking our best experience would be on a 777 with what I've seen.
Wondering what others might think??
Thanks in advance,
Steve
The only aircraft in the AA fleet worth flying to LHR in J is the 77W (777-300ER). The rest are all complete garbage. The 772 is great in the F cabin, but the J cabin is very poor. The 767s, well, yikes.

Personally, if I were in your position and required a one-stop itinerary, I would fly DL from MCI-DTW and VS from DTW-LHR. The VS herringbone J seat isn't the best product out there in the world, but on that route it's definitely one of the better ones when coupled with the slightly increased level of service generally found on VS. In addition VS operates its newer A330s on this route so the seat is a slightly updated one compared with the older aircraft in the fleet. I also find it considerably nicer than the narrow J seats that DL crams into it's 767s.

BA is overpriced. They think very highly of their ancient J product and to be honest it's just really not that good anymore. Service, while generally better than most US airlines, is still pretty spotty as well.