FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pullman Liverpool: The UK's second Pullman is really quite excellent
Old Mar 26, 2016, 6:26 pm
kennyp

Pullman Liverpool: The UK's second Pullman is really quite excellent

Introduction I stayed in the new Pullman Liverpool last weekend, it was one of the cheapest hotels in the city, 20% cheaper than the Ibis, and with 4x Le Club points as a new opening, I thoroughly recommend it. Check In Bellman welcomed me and opened the door. There's no checkin desk per se, the staff hang around tables near the entrance with tablets to check you in with. As an apps developer myself, I was amused to see the Windows tablets running a desktop web interface, meaning the staff struggled a bit with navigating the checkin process. But not to worry, it was fine. Very friendly and helpful, the assistant was a bit concerned that my room had been changed in the system from the already-cut key and that my Le Club silver free drinks voucher would not be waiting for me in the room, so she called ten minutes later to check (it was). Room In-room tea and coffee was a bit basic - I've had better in a Novotel.In-room fridge, no minibar as advertised in the room description, but it contained four free glass bottled mineral waters - two still, two sparkling.Wi-fi very good, could stream and download video. USB chargers in the plugs were useful.Enormous TV, probably 55 inches - and I liked the fact that when you switched it on, it started the TV, instead of some stupid menu trying to sell you stuff. In idle mode it welcomed me by name.I was in the top (8th) floor in a north facing room, with a great view up to the Liver Building and across the Mersey. I recommend such a north facing room on a high floor. It was a twin room, the beds are quite small and separated by just 15 centimetres, but they were astonishingly comfortable. Lots of space in the room, seating along the length of the window side of the room, a bit like a giant chaise lounge. You could work on the table at one end of this. Bathroom Decent size, no bath but a huge shower in a wet room style. And the shower was exceptional - probably the best I've had in a hotel. Overhead and/or side-on options. Huge towels. Great Bigelow toiletries and a full range of amenities. Service Consistently excellent. Attentive, genuinely friendly, efficient. Dining We only did breakfast - but what a breakfast spread! Best I've ever seen in a hotel. Fruit juice selections were outstanding - including beetroot and carrot for example. Particularly enamoured with offering both Marmite and Nutella portions. Location Location south of Albert Docks could be better - it's a 10 minute walk to the Liverpool One shopping and entertainment complex, and 15 to 20 minute walk to most central parts of the city - but taxis are cheap and plentiful all night. Overall I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. My other Pullman experiences are Cologne and São Paulo Ibirapuera - and this one wipes the floor with them.