FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with cancellation policy
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:42 am
sktnyc

Help with cancellation policy

Feeling pretty stupid. I had no idea a visa is required for transiting thru Canada. I reached the airport this morning at 5.30a to check in for my flight to India via YYZ. And the agent said I cannot board the flight.

I called the customer service, the rep said she cannot put me on any other flight (skipping Canada) say united or lufthansa. I asked her what my options are, she said I can cancel the flight and use the credit later, minus $300 change fee. I mentioned to her I remember seeing I can get a refund minus $200 fee. She said that is not correct. I accepted the cancellation. (I have booked another flight using miles).

Now I am looking at the original email confirmation when I made the booking, it sounds like I can get a refund?

Tickets are refundable (a $200 CAD fee applies per person) and non-transferable.
Partially used tickets may be submitted for a refund assessment. The refund will be calculated as follows: actual fare paid minus the value of the portion of the journey that has been flown, and minus the applicable fee.

Can any one please confirm.

Also I paid $70 checked bag fee, I guess I can't get a refund for that?

Thanks.