FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAS Experiences
Thread: LAS Experiences
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2016, 7:50 am
IAHtraveler
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Mike Rivers
Have you had good results with Sixt in LAS? They show you interesting cars and sometimes the rate is good, but this is one of the companies for which I saw several complaints that they didn't have the car, or even the class of car, that was reserved.

I wondered about walking there from the rental car center since indeed it looked close enough. I thought that perhaps there was no safe walkable path.
Walking there shouldn't be an issue. There's a (maybe 4 lane) road in between, but it's not typically too busy. If it is busy, just walk up to the light & cross.

I've never rented from Sixt so I can't comment on service/cars. However, when I was at the gas station, I saw a TON of very nice cars (Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, etc) and wondered why they were all in the gas station lot. Then I realized that they were the Sixt cars sharing the same lot. The week I was there: Avis lot was nearly depleted and Sixt was full, for what it's worth.

Originally Posted by fourspoons
I'm so sick of the shuttle bus and the queues in the rental car center that I now get a taxi from the airport to my hotel and get a car from the rental desk in the hotel. It is far more convenient for me to do this. I used Hertz at the Palms and the Wynn earlier this month for short term rentals and the service was perfect. The rates were the same as the airport and I got the class I booked.
And hopefully you saved some of the crazy airport fees/taxes by renting off-airport!