FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX to HKG questions.
View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:12 pm
conde

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Ready2Go
You won't need help getting airside; there is now an airside connector between AA's terminal and the international terminal. You can walk over to the OW lounge when you arrive without going landside. The problem is that I doubt they'll let you in. OW lounges operate as departure lounges. If your departing flight is not until the next day, I don't think you're eligible for access.
I agree about no prior day OW lounge access... I believe that the OW lounge passes would be issued for use on the morning of the flight, not the night before. Since AA merged with US Air, there might be some "AA" flights arriving at the old US Air Terminal at LAX, which is not as convenient to the international terminal as legacy AA. To determine how convenient access is to the international terminal, it would be best to check the flight numbers and arrival terminal information. Unless AA from the originating city issues a pass for same day access to the OW lounge at LAX , the best bet for the OP would be to go to the hotel or where the OP would be staying for the night. It would also be good to check on the AA forum for more information regarding onward boarding passes. AA issued the award ticket. Check-in and baggage check will be handled by AA from the port of departure.