FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Publix No Longer Accepts Gift Cards for Gift Card Purchases???
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:34 pm
AlohaDaveKennedy

Programs: Several dozen
One of the Publix $20-500s is the Carnival Gift Card. Per Carnival you may redeem multiple gift cards per transaction. Anyone know if there is a limit to the number of Carnival cards that can be used to pay for a cruise? If there is no limit, then Publix policy will not stop Carnival Cruise discounting as you can run repetitive multi-x AMEX card purchases of Carnival $50 gift cards to discount the price of a Carnival cruise.

Originally Posted by foggypastry
BUMPING TOPIC

Sent email to corporate (not like I'm "ruining" anything considering the higher restrictions being placed around my area) --- according to Publix corporate they sent via email (so it's official AND in writing!!!)

In an effort to reduce the opportunity for gift card fraud, a $50 purchase restriction has been implemented for all gift cards that are purchased with a credit card. Gift card activation fees are excluded from this limit. We apologize for any inconvenience, as it is never our intent to inconvenience our loyal customers.
UNQUOTE

Understandable, but it definitely affects my 5% Supermarket transactions at Publix!

don't say i never gave you nothin' FT ! =)