FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2016 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004
Old Mar 19, 2016, 11:19 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by kmccallum13
This isn't satisfactory in my opinion and have emailed them back stating that I fully expect them to reimburse me for the cost I had to incur because their systems were down - I tried twice to rebook using customer services and was told that their systems were not letting them change my booking.
There's quite a lot of speed reading going on in BA, I suspect they either didn't understand that point or didn't read that far into your email. Perhaps invite them to listen to the tape of your discussions. If they were unable to rebook you then BA would be on very shaky ground in court, as I'm sure they will appreciate in due course. So persist a bit longer to begin with, then letter before action, then MCOL. In that respect, I suggest you call UK customer relations on Monday, during office hours, and discuss the matter with them. You could also try Twitter but I suspect this will defy the medium (plus the Twitter team don't handle EC261).

Note that you can either have a refund or the rebooking cost, which admittedly they're probably adverse to paying anyway, but not both. Plus EC261 if the relevant timelimits are exceeded.