Old Mar 18, 16, 6:10 pm
Phantom707

Here's more information supporting my point. I sent the following secure message to Barclay today.

I have a question regarding foreign transaction fees. I understand that Barclay does not charge a foreign transaction fee for use of the Barclay Arrival+.

However, I also understand that MasterCard charges a cross-border and a currency conversion fee amounting to roughly 1%. I would like to know if this MasterCard fee is passed on to the customer.
Notice how I tried to make the question as clear as possible. I specifically made the distinction between what Barclay advertises, on the Arrival+ specifically, and what MasterCard passes on to the bank.

They replied by saying

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard. We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the foreign currency conversion fee on your account.

Please be informed that both MasterCard and Visa charge a 1% currency conversion fee for any transaction not completed in U.S. dollars; this will be included in the amount billed to your statement. We hope you find this information helpful.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Care
I know that Barclay customer support is not the best, but I made a very direct question. This gives a lot of weight to the statement that there is a fee. At the very least, Barclay itself reports that there is a fee.

And that's exactly what I mean. You keep saying that I haven't proved anything, but I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm giving a lot of strong evidence to setup a presumption, but you're just hand waving that away.

As a note, I sincerely do not mean for this to be a personal attack in any way, and I apologize if it comes off as such. I am trying to have a conversation about the evidence before us.