FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA initiates Account Security Update (Security Q&A authentication added 2016)
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:59 pm
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Got Warning email -- "change over to new system in a few days or else", yaketty yak.

So go to do it for me and family.

For 25 years my OnePass number and password has worked fine but of course this is "progress".

What DOPE set up there 5 "remember" questions?

Favorite subject at school -- that does NOT have "English" on drop down - someone is kidding right? Maybe the questions were compiled n Bangladesh or Calcutta?

Wacksville list of 'Favorite winters sports' options that are not possible to even do, in half the planet.

What career your wanted when you left school that had 20 choices and no others etc.

It is the WORST program changeover options I have ever seen, and most I'll never remember if ever asked.

NONE of the 5 (why FIVE??!) silly questions had option for member to add their OWN answers.

I'll not remember the answers to these next week, much less next year.

EVERY other similar multi choice things has stuff you CAN remember - First High School, First Pet name, Best friend's first name, Favorite Football team etc and YOU type the answers.

"What Musical Instrument do you play" - and there was NO drop down option for NONE,

What is your favorite Artist - again no options to add your REAL favorite painter or "none of the above". I am supposed to tick Picasso or Renoir (and remember that in 2 years!) simply as Brett Whiteley is not on their clumsy list?

"First large town you ever visited" - they are kidding right? Did not even bother clicking to see what loopy choices I was given, none of which WERE the first town I visited, I can bet.

The dumb thing is I'll likely be blocked access to account in 12 months if I phone something in and get asked answers to this crazy stuff.
So you answer the 5 questions and on the next screen you verify your answers, take a screen shot of that screen and boom, you will always have the 5 answers. It's not rocket science. But yes, they did this in a very strange way.