FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Swapping, Seat Poaching and Seating Etiquette: The Definitive Thread
Old Mar 17, 2016, 4:00 pm
Proudelitist
Suspended

Originally Posted by papermakerSC
Roughly a year ago, me and loved ones flew MUC-CLT with LH in P. Normally this flight isn't much crowded, but this was the first Sunday in the year and all this business families from South Germany needed to go back to work. So, flight full as full can be.

Anyway.

My wife and my son took the 14 A and C, I got 14 D. Boarding was nearly completed, when an older guy showed up. Wearing a tuxedo and holding a red rose. He passed the business class, came back a couple of minutes later, looked at me and said: "Stand up, this is my seat." I was confused, asked for his boarding pass to prove his statement and he showed me 40 something in the middle (E or F, whatever). But he insists, that I took his seat. Purser showed up pretty soon and started a discussion with him. During this dispute, the guy insulted me and used pretty rude words about respect of the olds and so on. After a minute the purser was done with this gentleman.

Needles to say, that the plane left Munich without this guy.

Wired world.
Not a seat swap story so much, more of a lunatic flyer story..but your tale reminded me.

Years ago I was on a Swiss flight, and there was an old man in a seat a few rows up. Two more pax board and try to take their seats next to him, and he absolutely flips out that he has to share the row at all. No, he did not buy all three seats (as explained by the FA)..he IDB'ed himself too. Very very odd.