FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Poll - how many countries have you visited?
Old Sep 10, 2002, 5:22 pm
ozstamps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KathyWdrf:

It was ozstamps, not me, who made up the rules!

I'm just kind of unofficially enforcing them, for the common weal! No self-interest or anything like that .... no hissy fit about how I could have made my total 35 instead of 32 if I had done like the other cheaters....but nooooo, I always follow the rules!

Kathy </font>

Kathy .. no, the 'rules' are entirely what each poster is comfortable with - as in all FT posts. But thanks greatly for your post politely asking folks to consider adhering to a central listing.

All I did was suggest that for the sake of consistency that posters perhaps try and restrict their lists to the 250 +/- countries that WorldAtlas.com listed out, kindly sourced for us by doc.

Of the 50 or so posts in the past few days I for one am pleased to see 95% of folks are adhering carefully to those 250 names, making it just so easy to read.

I PERSONALLY believe that Wales, Scotland, Texas (!) etc are not *countries*, but hey, all have their enormous individual charms! To me that is the constant allure of foreign travel - the more you see the more you WANT to see.

This is simply a fun thread, and shows why the airlines and hotels need to be VERY NICE to FlyerTalkers - we sure keep their International routes and aircraft VERY full. Imagine the 6 (or 7!) figure $$$ revenue to them over the years simply based on stimpy's post above.

------------------
~ Glen ~ Calling all United 1K Members - please join .. www.1Kflyers.com