FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Mar 16, 2016, 4:11 pm
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
IC Davos

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

No

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked club room and upgraded to a alpine suite.

How are the rooms?

New property with gorgeous design but wearing very slightly, good clever use of space, huge balcony, great bathroom, awful temperature control

How is the mini-bar?

I think the mini-bar is free to all, it is certainly unimpressive even as soft drinks as there are no sugar free drinks at all. A few bottles of carlsberg too

How is the exec. lounge?

The space is gorgeously designed (like the rest of the property) but the lounge offering itself is poor with a few canapes and soup and a poor choice of drinks. I wouldn't pay for a club room for what was on offer and helpfully for many perhaps there is apparently no enforcement of lounge access anyway

What was good and what was bad?

GOOD
- Internally and externally stunning property
- A few truly great staff
- Club 'lounge' in town to wait for shuttle
- Good rooms
- Excellent La Prairie toiletries

BAD
- Ludicrously hot temperatures throughout the property and guest rooms
- Ski lift shuttle heavily congested at peak times giving long waits
- Awful service across all food and drink outlets
- Poor maid service/turndown
- No real 'hot tub' but nice spa area, there are jets in a clever indoor/outdoor pool arrangement but the pool isn't hot enough
- Remoteness from town given service issues with food and beverage service on site
- Lack of proper folio to take away
- Poor lounge offering
- Poor mini bar even just soft drinks

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?

If the service had been up to scratch I would have thought it good value and well worth the 2K CHF plus BOGO I spent. The service was almost uniformly awful though and thus it was not good value and I am highly unlikely to return whilst this hotel is under it's current management.