FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2016 master thread
Old Mar 16, 2016, 9:01 am
wkndtraveler

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Surrender911
- Name of the hotel:
Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Junior Suite. No upgrade granted, but an up sale to an PREMIUM JUNIOR-SUITE for EUR 50.00 per night. Which we took, though I feel that it should have been a free upgrade, but arguing did not help
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Hi Surrender911 thanks for this review. I find this utter nonsense that a Sofitel property would charge for an upgrade (where obviously one was available) and forced you to pay. This is making a fool of members and sets a seriously bad example. Anyways, what's a PREMIUM Jnr Suite vs a standard jnr suite? Amy (AccorConcierge) could you pass this on the the necessary PIC to address? Where and when will this type of nonsense stop? (IN A PARIS PROPERTY no less!)
Exactly same happened to me at this hotel last year. They weren't willing to upgrade us, but I didn't give up before they did. Had to talk to two different managers. Hotel itself is nice but I won't go back there because of their own upgrade policy. I suggest Sofitel Le Faubourg (my favourite) and Sofitel Scribe (also very nice).

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Mar 17, 2016 at 3:18 am