FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2016 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004
Old Mar 16, 2016, 2:24 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by kmccallum13
I was on the cancelled BA8708 from city to Edinburgh last night. Ended up booking my own replacement flight for now as advised by BA due to their systems being down.

What is the claims process and do I have right to EC261 compensation?

Thanks
The initial posts at the top of the thread explain the situation for cancellations (which is not quite the same as delays) so with the specifics of your case you can work out whether you are due compensation. In terms of you rebooking your own travel - which does happen sometimes - then normally if you send in a complaint they will refund the cost - or just refund the original fare if that was the more expensive ticket, that's an easier process in a way. If you are not in a hurry then use the webform. If you need the money soon then ring up the customer relations number during UK office hours to resolve it more rapidly. In between those two extremes you can send in a webform, get the incident number and then use Twitter to highlight.