FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EL AL business class
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:28 pm
entropy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Originally Posted by Hemy
I have 8,000 points in Matmid, but I am at the point that I maysell to a ticket broker. It also looks like from my phone call today they never credited back my miles in Matmid when we cancelled a trip last year, which is unbelievable. That is a huge number of points and they basically said to email a woman by the name of Gracie in NY who will decide if I get my points reinstated since I am supposed to pay 150 dollars per ticket for reinstating my miles. Really, they to,d me automatically credits to my account since we did not fly. They are the worst airline and I have not even flown them. I should of gone with my gut and used my miles on Unitd from the Star alliance. Their customer service on the ground is horrendous and it was almost a bother to answer my question. I am enraged and I am looking for the head of NYC to call as if those miles are not reinstated, as I transferred 390k points from Amex to Matmid and to lose to lose them and I will go postal! If anyone knows who I can contact by phone or email that is in a high position of authority, I would really appreciate it.
Believe me, if you go up the chain at El Al, you won't be impressed with their answers.

So use you points for a couple C tickets and be done with it. Dealing with a points broker is against the rules and if they catch you, they'll whack the tickets and you'll be SOL.