FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Post Your SPG Platinum Upgrade Successes 2016
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:56 am
ssiedler

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, United Silver, Etihad Silver
Property: SLS Las Vegas, a Tribute Portfolio Resort
Date(s): 10-12 March 2016
Room booked: Story Tower, King
Room received: Lux Tower, Two-Room Suite - King (~1000 sq ft)
Award stay: Nope
BRG stay: Nope
SNAs redeemed: None
Comments:

Upon check in, I was upgraded to a king suite (490 sq ft) in the Lux tower. All rooms in the Lux towers are called suites but I found my initial room nothing at all resembling a suite. It felt dark and claustrophobic so I went back down to the SPG reception desk to see if a better room was available. The receptionist, whose first name I believe was Frank, upgraded me to a 1000 sq ft - two room suite. Win!

The new suite was much, much better. Two rooms comprised of a dining room, living room and half bathroom. The second room is the master bedroom accessed through a lockable door. Of note there is a smaller more intimate sitting area to watch tv or have a coffee. Bed was comfy, pillows okay, linens fresh and clean. Bathroom was large, rain shower setup, proper full size amenities (shampoo, conditioner, etc.).

The suite I received wasn't the premiere Stark Suite though I presume it is just one below it in terms of size. Plenty big enough for me. The suite would Be perfect for entertaining a small groups or clients.. The large L shaped couch was quite comfy and could sleep two easily should the need arise. The suite had two 50" LED HD TVs.

The design was well.. not quite my style. I chalk that up to my age as it reminded me of the late 1990s New York hotels such as the Hudson and other Ian Shreager props. Be prepared for lots of pink and black so don't say you haven't been forewarned. That aside, the suite was extremely comfortable and I was fortunate to have been upgraded to such a nice suite for what I paid $97 before taxes and $30 resort fee (don't get me started, I know.).

Location is not this properties forte. You'll be cabbing it to the strip at some point but no biggie as you get to escape the crowds by staying here.

In terms of value, recognition, and service, this property is hard to beat. Its a hidden gem of sorts. I thank the staff for making my trip memorable to say the least. Well done!

PS - their is a Thai restaurant in the strip mall adjacent to the hotel. It is INCREDIBLY GOOD. Trust me, I'm not kidding, this is the best Thai you will find in Vegas if not the states. Look for the funky retro McDonald's (you'll see it) and the Thai restaurant is just behind it.

Last edited by ssiedler; Mar 15, 2016 at 4:05 am Reason: Added comments.