FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:49 am
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
UA 5315: SFO to MSP
March 11, 2015
Embraer ERJ-175, Dinner

Back on United for this route due to mix of price/schedule concerns, and I continue to be quite impressed by the domestic food improvements. UX dining is all cold plates, and I'm happy to report they seem to manage some variety of palatable food without an onboard oven.

Cold nuts, as usual

Main course and cookie, plated together. This was unhelpfully described as the "salad with chicken on the side" (no further info when I asked what kind of salad), but the other option was the Buffalo chicken wrap, so I decided to roll the dice on the anonymous salad. I was very pleasantly surprised! Spring greens, a tart-ish semi-hard cheese (to my chagrin I could not identify it, though it seemed to be in the general region of feta if a bit creamier), mixed onions, pomegranate vinaigrette dressing, and yes, chicken on the side. Served along with a bowl of fresh fruit. The salad was fresh and well thought out. Looks like they might have changed cookie vendors, as this was not the usual Otis Spunkmeyer. I forgot what it was, but I thought it was actually an improvement. And, of course, full PDB and attentive refills, the key to keeping me happy.

All in all, a very pleasant onboard experience that made me forget about the 2h delay. The E75 remains an excellent plane