FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to QR, would like to fly F and J.
View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:53 am
startpacking

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
New to QR, would like to fly F and J.

I'm interested in trying QR's F and J product. I'm not sure which routes provide the best F and J products. I'd fly between HKG or SIN to LHR (CDG if need be if I can't score FF tickets to LHR). I'd also like to stop in Doha for a day or two. I have some questions:-

Is there a significant difference in the J product on the A350, A380 and 787? Which of these aircraft is best for J?

What are the best times (of day) to use the lounge in Doha? I'd check in super early and explore both the J and F lounges as I'd depart Doha on an F ticket? Do the food offerings/liquor, etc change throughout the day? How long do you recommend in each lounge?

What are the best routes to take the A350? I've never been on the aircraft and wouldn't mind going out of my way to fly on it. I am aware that there can be possible equipment changes and I am looking at booking for next year, so things can change.

What does QR give in their amenity kit that can't be taken in a carry on (ie, liquid/gel products). If I fly to CDG, I'd prefer to connect later the same day to LON which means I'd need to take the amenity kit in my carry on.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Last edited by startpacking; Mar 15, 2016 at 1:12 am