Old Mar 14, 16, 11:47 pm
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by caesariop View Post
Hello,

My first post ever as a flyertalk member

I'm planning to go to Hong Kong mid April (16-19) and after long contemplation, have decided to stay at IC HK mainly for the harbor view.

After reading this thread, I became very interested in the Ambassador program which costs $200 primarily for its guaranteed room upgrade since during my date of stay, an upgrade from Deluxe Harbor View to Junior Suite will save me more than $500.

My question is: does this upgrade extended to all rate? The rate I'm looking at is the 21 Super Saver Rate. Or do I need to book specific rate to get this upgrade?

Looks like this program is too good to be true and a no brainer if I were to stay at any IC.

Please lighten me up in this matter.

TIA
Yes, if booked through official IHG channels (eg IHG.COM, IHG app, IC-HK Hotel direct) then the Ambassador guaranteed 1-cat upgrade would apply.
Rate can be any bookable rate, eg BAR, Flex, AAA, Entitled Corporate, that is offered online.

As Ambassador you will need book Dlx HV to get 1-cat upgrade to Deluxe Junior Suite. (HV would upgrade to Dlx HV as Ambassador)

There are two different layout D-J-S per floor, the x16 (but not 316 which is an Exec Suite) center of floor right over center of Avenue of stars (AoS) rooms would be nice for your first visit.

x16 has two windows, and one is angled so not only can you look right across to Hong Kong Island but also to the r/h/s right out the harbour.