FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - connecting to int'l at BWI on different PNRs
Old Mar 13, 2016, 9:49 pm
Homer15

Originally Posted by expert7700
I am surprised nobody mentioned this yet. There is a hard-stop for WN International checkin of one hour prior to your flight due to US security regulations. If online checkin fails (which happens often, due to WN needing a passport scan/OCR read at the airport), their 1hr15min connection has them on very dangerous territory timewise. WN's agents at their starting airport do not have to agree to check them in for a PNR not originating from the airport they are at.

If they were coming in the night before? Sure, separate itineraries. But I would never cut it that close. If they miss their Int'l flight, not only are WN flights sparse, but they do not allow oversales or standby.
Thanks for flagging that. We ended up calling WN and they reticketed the itinerary onto a single PNR-- difference in fare was nominal.

In poking around on the website, it says you can scan your passport at a kiosk, so I was wondering if the kiosk in the departure city would have checked her in for a flight departing from another city later in the day, but it was not worth testing.