FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New 777 J seat announced
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:07 am
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ioto1902
I also think that EK is a very well run company, hiring very competent expat managers.
Nevertheless, I'm not a shareholder, I'm a client. Therefore, I will see my own egocentric benefit first, and 1-2-1 is definitively better than 2-3-2.

I have the chance to fly B777 J almost exclusively on short haul, and actually, the angled flat seat is very convenient as I can climb over my aisle neighbor more easily.
Now, with this mini-bar and stool, I'm less enthusiastic, all the more that bulkhead seats seem to have less space.

We, FTers, may not be representative of the average flyer, but, businessmen flying J will check ahead their working conditions : chauffeur, lounge, wifi, privacy, power outlet, flat bed, etc. 2-3-2 is a no-no to work onboard.
Agreed that 1-2-1 beats 2-3-2, and that the new seats look harder to get into and out of. however don't understand how 2-3-2 prevents working on board, are you carrying a desktop computer with you or need to routinely pace up and down the aisle while contemplating the stresses of your job?