FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kebab, Kalamari & Koshary [EY Y, A3 Y & J]
Old Mar 12, 2016, 1:19 am
chongsss

Programs: Singapore Airlines Krisflyer
Day 4 - Istanbul

Mrs began the day at Kılıç Ali Paşa Hamamı while I lazed around at our accommodation.

Inside

Post-Hamam tea

One of my favorite Turkish dishes is menemen and I had to introduce to Mrs. She agreed that it was awesome.

The plan for the day was to visit Miniatürk since we didn't have time to visit the rest of Turkey.

The bus departs from Eminonü and honestly, I could never tire of this view.

It was drizzling when we arrived but thankfully the rain didn't last long.

Shelter found

Trojan horse

Nemrut Dagi. Mrs was convinced to visit it someday.

Süleymaniye Mosque

Hagia Sophia & Sultanahmet Mosque

From the other end

Meow

After Miniatürk, we headed back and checked out another of Karaköy's numerous cafes: FiLBooks. Sadly the cake was disappointing.

Took the 6.20pm ferry to Kadiköy and we had enough time to stop for a snack. I was once again reminded that things are cheaper in the less touristy neighborhoods.

For example, 4 TL for a balik ekmek in Kadiköy compared to 8 TL in Eminonü.

Add one TL and you could have a drink too.

We just followed the crowd to the stadium and it took us some time to locate our entrance. Our Passoligs were scanned and we were let in after two rounds of security checks.

The stadium was starting to fill up while the teams were warming up.

Attendance had been down since the introduction of Passoligs but it was still a decent crowd, especially considering how expensive the tickets were. We paid 105 TL each for our tickets in the cheapest category and it made me wonder how the locals could afford to go for matches regularly.

Didn't get to sit throughout the match and the local fans offered us their melon seeds. We definitely got to enjoy the full Turkish football experience.

Penalty! Robin Van Persie would convert it.

Mrs was impressed with the atmosphere. Me not so much. Nowhere near the level of Beşiktaş fans at Inonü.

The match ended up 3-1 to Fenerbahçe and everyone headed home happy.