FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Express Y Legroom
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:01 pm
lkar

Iberia Express Y Legroom

I just flew LGW-MAD in IB express in Y. Well I guess it's one thing to read about it, but another to experience it. I've made do in low cost carrier seats, and while it's never pleasant, you just sort of get through it, and that's that. This, though, was different. It was as cramped and uncomfortable as I've flown. I'm not exactly small at 6' 3", but I usually make do in just about any configuration. I had not a millimeter to spare. In fact, if I hadn't been flying with a companion who graciously allowed me to invade his space from time to time to get the circulation back in my leg, I'm not sure what I would have done.

I'm being partly dramatic, but the difference between 28" and 30" is more significant than a mere two inches might suggest. If you're under 6' you should be able to make due just fine, but I would think there are some people who are not excessively large who simply would be unable to fit in these seats.

Otherwise, though, the service was good. Everything was on time, and the crew was lovely. The price was great. Deplaning at MAD was a bit cumbersome. I think they used a gate that was inside the schengen area in T4, so they had to actually bus us from our gate to one of the London gates on the other side of the passport/police control at the end of T4, so there was quite a bit of up and downing on stairs with bags. A bit more expensive to get to Gatwick than Heathrow, but much more manageable. I guess I would do this again, all things considered, but at more than 2:30 in that seat and I don't know if I would have made it.