FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Get Status Anymore?
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2016, 12:53 pm
rucksack

Originally Posted by robertw477
As A DM right now it looks like all the benefits of being DM are being taken away with no further operational upgrades. Looks like I wont go for Diamond again this year. This will apply across the board to united/american and delta. They are really stripping away just about everything. Not a good year for me with this and the SPG/Marriott merger.
I don't quite understand your post.

Your claim that "all the benefits of being DM are being taken away" isn't substantiated. For example, Global Upgrades Certificates, which can be worth thousands of dollars per certificate, are still offered as a Choice Benefit option for DMs. Additionally, preferred treatment during IRROPS situations is another important benefit for DMs.

I also don't understand your comment about "no further operations upgrades." Operations upgrades were never a Medallion benefit and are solely done for the airline's convenience -- to allow selling more Main Cabin tickets when Delta One isn't sold out. I expect Op Ups to continue given Delta's revenue management strategy (high international business class fares and overbooking Main Cabin).