FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - should i file a chargeback?
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:38 pm
Dadaluma83

Programs: AAdvantage, Amex MR

Wow and this is one reason I am glad I have never and will never take my car to the dealer. I could see myself going down there sometime for a specialty part, but never to have them do anything to my car.

200 bucks for an oil change is unheard of to me. I am going to start doing my own oil changes as soon as I close on a house, but in the meantime I have taken my car to a local quick lube place for 15 years now. They charge 20 dollars if you bring your own oil and filter.

60 dollars for a battery test is uncalled for especially considering a brand new battery will be about twice that.

Wow, to the OP yes I know it is a lot of money but I would just call it quits on this one, buy a new battery and windshield wipers at your nearest auto parts store, they will most likely install them for you right in the parking lot unless you have a unusual car.

For future repairs and checks I would go to a local independant mechanic.

Not just this particular dealer, but I hear horror stories of dealer shops. My realtor was complaining the other day how since he has a new car he thought he would take advantage of the included scheduled maintenance and take it in for an oil change. Had an appointment and everything and it took them 4 hours to do an oil change.

Run away from dealers!