FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2016 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation 261/2004
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:53 am
alpenlupe

Programs: BAEC
Hi all

Our flight BA2757 Friedrichshafen (FDH) - LGW was cancelled on Sunday. I noticed this online about 7am and received a text about an hour later. We were booked in Club Europe. It was due to depart 11:50 and arrive LGW 12:40. It was the only BA flight that day from FDH.

I called BA and they were clueless (no advice on an alternative airport or how to get there). I suggested ZRH or MUC and the agent said costs would be covered.

We arrived at FDH (had to return rental car) a little after 9am (just as the Easyjet flight from LGW was coming in to land). No BA staff were present. I called BA again, this time the agent was even more clueless and wouldn't confirm costs would be covered to get to another airport.

We decided to make our way to ZRH & I called BA re-book us on a late flight (19:00) from there.

In the event we had a quick, easy and relatively inexpensive trip via public transport (taxi, ferry, train) to ZRH - total cost for two was about £120 and we arrived about midday.

Eventually we were put on the 13:30 departure which landed LHR 14:27.

I have put in a claim for our £120 costs but are we eligible for anything under regulation 261/2004?

To recap:
- original flight FDH-LGW due to depart 11:50 arr LGW 12:40 was cancelled.
- we caught ZRH-LHR departed 13:44 arrived LHR 14:27 (that's from flight stats, I guess we we disembarked a bit later)