Old Mar 6, 16, 5:02 pm
Kacee
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
I just spent two nights here.

Property has pros and cons. Positives:

1. Rooms are spacious and well furnished.
2. Breakfast benefit is really excellent for a Marriott. Food quality was very high and the coffee is outstanding.
3. Free parking.
4. Very friendly staff.
5. Privileges at the local Y.
6. Fantastic running on trails that are half a block away.

Negatives:

1. Doors open directly into the room. My bed was maybe eight feet from the door. I really don't like this. Although the noise from the corridor wasn't as bad as I feared it might be.
2. Hotel fronts on E. Franklin, a major thoroughfare. So at least half the rooms will have lots of traffic noise during the day. Chapel Hill dies at night, so not really an issue for sleep.
3. Late night/early morning staff was pretty clueless. Could not explain the breakfast benefit. Daytime staff much more professional.
4. No bathtub.
5. The fitness center on property is kind of a joke (but Y is only 5 minute drive away).

If I stayed here again, I would ask for a room in the back, away from the traffic noise. Would also try to get one of the higher room classes in the hope they have an entryway separating door from room.