FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ask us about visiting Phuket, Thailand
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2016, 5:30 pm
scoobybpc

Originally Posted by scoobybpc
Just wanted to update on this, tried it a couple times but it was unable to locate a driver. I ended up going to the meter taxi stand and using that. All was good until the driver took us way past the hotel and tried to drop us at the Marriott. He then said he didn't know where the holiday inn was. Frustrated at this point,i brought it up on my opine and told him how to get there, and that I wasn't paying more than the meter was at at that time, he was okay with that.

So far between Bangkok and phuket I haven't had a single good taxi experience! I'm already fretting getting a ride all the way to the westin in a few days. The irony is if they were honest I'd be tipping them for good service.

Even with the scamming the metered taxi still seems to be the cheapest
Thought I'd follow up again. It turns out I was wrong, grab taxi does run here, but it states on their site that if you're requesting a pickup at the hkt airport, the request must be made at least 2 hours (up to 7 days) in advance. I didn't see this earlier.

We ended up using grab taxi go get from Mai khao to siray Bay (about an hour drive). The driver was in a metered Taxi, he was on time, turned on the meter, and even got us to our destination earlier than google maps said we would. Overall my grabtaxi experience was a great one, and I strongly recommend it for anyone trying to get around phuket. The advance booking feature is great too!