FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - If you use The Club at MCO and arent careful, you have to go thru security twice
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:43 pm
caseminole

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by manda99
I had the same thing happen at MCO. We got through security and I asked the TSA person if there was a Starbucks. She directed me to the Monorail that led to the gates with the Starbucks. When I came back on the Monorail, they'd strung up a temporary barricade and wouldn't let me get back on the other Monorail to get to my gate. AND they acted like I was the idiot for expecting to do so, she yelled "Not during International override!!!" Like I should know that or even know what that meant. So then I had to go through security all over again. So very frustrating!
The TSA will defer this as an "airport issue"; However the folks at Greater Orlando Airport Authority disagree.

They are aware its an issue.

I would suggest if you want, send them an email

http://www.orlandoairports.net/hr/org.htm

the more that complain the better. The folks at GOAA were pretty nice to deal with, and like I said, they agree this is not a good thing with no signage.