FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - should i file a chargeback?
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:31 pm
jasonfodor

Beside - your chargeback can bite you back if the dealership fights.

Can you explain how?

Sorry, I don't think my post was clear, I paid $500 for service that was suppose to include an oil change ($200), a bunch of random checks, and fluid transfer (not sure what that is). What I am saying is they charged me $500, but only did the oil change (worth $200).

I am not a car guy, but from what I was able to find, they didn't tell me my wipers were bad (part of the check), they didn't tell my battery was bad (part of the check) and they didn't fill my wiper fluid (they were suppose to).

Dealerships are suppose to give you a report card, saying they checked everything and mark off if a fluid needs to be filled, tell you how many mm your break pads are at, your tire thread level, etc. I asked them for this report card and they looked and said they didn't have it and told me "I am sure we checked everything, we just maybe forgot to report it".

I know 3 of the 20 they didn't check, the rest I need to have another dealership look over.

I am not saying they are responsible for my bad battery or wiper blades, but I paid for them to check those (among other things) and they have not, and can not provide me the usual report card saying they did.

And for my battery, the new dealership had to check the battery (an extra $60 charge, that I had to pay) but because the first dealership didn't check my battery. And the new dealership wants about $300 to check everything, fill fluids, etc.

Basically, what I am saying is, can I file a chargeback, tell my Credit card, I noticed they didn't do A, B, C, and when I asked them for the report card they couldn't provide it. And essentially I had to go to another dealership to have everything checked over and was charged $300.

(just FYI the first dealership was by my parents home over break in January, so I can't take the car back there as of now)