View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 16, 12:15 pm
jlemon

Programs: No longer lowly AA Gold, lots of AA, AS & DL miles & BA Avios, minuscule UA miles, former CO Plat
Originally Posted by Seat 2A View Post

Tomorrow I'm off to Sacramento, CA - then driving down to Fresno with dinner and maybe music in the Tower District.

Alaska's First Class wines this month are

Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Chardonnay
Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Cabernet Sauvignon

The cab ain't bad as domestic reds go. I overheard the passenger across the aisle describe the Chardonnay as "frisky".
Ah, Fresno's "hip" enclave.....and I wonder if the Sequoia Brewing Co. brewpub and restaurant is still in operation on Olive St. in the Tower District.

I believe Chateau Ste. Michelle is one of Washington state's larger wineries. Speaking of live music, a couple of months ago, a good friend of mine who is a senior manager with Helijet, the helicopter airline based at YVR, drove down to this winery with his family in order to catch Mark Knopfler and his band playing an outdoor concert there. He reported that it was an excellent show which led to yours truly and Lady K flying to ATL in order to catch MK & Band at an outdoor amphitheater in an Atlanta park. And it was an excellent performance.

I'll also have a wine tasting report following our journey in F next month on Alaska Air from PDX to SAN......

Last edited by jlemon; Mar 3, 16 at 12:30 pm