FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me choose between 2 hotels in Boston
Old Mar 3, 16, 6:58 am
TWToKM

Programs: DL PM/1 MM, Bonvoy LTT
The Financial District can be rather dead and quiet at night, but the IC is really on the edge of the Financial District and on a busy road, so it does not have that desolate quiet feel. It is an easy walk to the North End and Faneuil Hall which would give you several dining options. Plus there are some dining options on the same road as the hotel (e.g, Nebo). It is also an easy walk to the red line, where you could always hop on the subway to cross the river to Cambridge where you will find several other good dining options and some more character depending on where you go.

Agree with Ireland47 in that the area around the Garden will be busy before and after the games. Plus I feel like a lot of the places to eat in the area around the Garden are bars and pubs, so if you are looking for great food, that may not be the best area to try and eat in.

I would not want to try and deal with a public bus to get to a conference, so I would personally choose the IC for the mere fact that you can walk to the conference. Obviously though, if price is a factor, the HIE may work better.

Also, not sure when you were last in the Seaport area, but there has been a major build-up in that area over the last 5 years or so. I agree that the area once seemed so far out there on its own, but there are now many more dining options out that way, including a bunch on the water and a bunch that go beyond the typical dive bars that used to be out that way.