FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:16 pm
JimmyJoe

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, WR, AA Gold, Friend of Dorothy
SF IC Mark Hopkins

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 1 King Bed Standard for $170 per night.

The first night I was upgraded to what I belive is the 1 King Bed Junior Suite on the 11th floor. It was next to the elevator which could be heard.

Vice president Biden was staying at the hotel the first night. The place was packed full of secret service and police officers. I figured that nicer suites may be available after he checked out. Sure enough, when I complained about the elevator noise, I was upgraded further to One Bedroom Suite on the 17th floor.

How are the rooms?
I loved the second room. The view included the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. The bed was ultra comfortable.

Per the norm with old ICs, there was a shortage of plugs for charding our phones and laptops.

How is the exec. lounge?
Top notch staff. The "Full American Breakfast" included congee, dim sum, and noodles which I enjoyed.

Cocktail hour was from 5 to 7 and included champagne, free pour liquor, and a nice selection of beers.

There were few other guests in the lounge and the staff remembered me by name each day.

I did not purchase lounge access. I was upgraded. I have to say, after some China IC stays, it's great to get both lounge/club access as well as a suite upgrade complimentary.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Yes, a SF themed tin of chocolates.

How was the minibar?
Good. Half bottles of red and white wine. 2 light beers and 2 Anchor Steam beers, 2 minis of shmirnoff, Bombay gin, gum and whisey, 2 evian, 1 coconut juice
What was good and what was bad?Good: fun to have VP Biden staying at the hotel, staff, lounge, room.
Bad: I can't think of anything.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?Great value: but it was the off season.

Would you return?
For sure.

Last edited by JimmyJoe; Mar 5, 2016 at 4:46 pm