FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me choose between 2 hotels in Boston
Old Mar 2, 16, 3:11 pm
italdesign

Programs: *S (TK), Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold
Help me choose between 2 hotels in Boston

I am attending a conference at Seaport World Trade Center. I stayed in the area last time and hated it - all business and no character. I'd like to try something else this year.

I'm looking at either Intercontinental Boston ($450), or Holiday Inn Express @ TD Garden ($320). The Intercon is highly rated and a 15 min walk to the conference, but it's in the "financial district", which conjures up unpleasant images of what I'm trying to avoid - stuffy and overpriced. I could be wrong though, so please correct me if so - is there great food and character in that area or nearby?

The HIE is obviously not in the same league, but it's a 15 min ride on bus #4 + 5 min walk, and walking distance to North End and the river path, which I will enjoy after work. I assume there is better food options than the Intercon - yeah? There are games @ 7pm on 3 of the 4 nights though, so it will be crowded with possible noise issues.

I already have a rough idea of the extra commute and downgrade in quality of HIE. I am looking to understand how much I will gain in food and character to determine if it's worth the trouble. Thanks.