FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - suite usage 2 -> 3 people (Additional charge appropriate?)
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:54 pm
BOSTransplant

Programs: Delta DM, SPG PLT100, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NYTA
No, when the OP made the reservation, it was for 2 people then after check-in decided to invite a 3rd. Just like if someone makes a reservation for one and then picks someone up in a bar who sleeps over. I can just imagine the hotel front desk clerk asking someone with a single person reservation coming back from the club late at night with someone else asking "do you intend to have him/her sleep over?" as they walk through the lobby. I think any hotel that did that should lose a lot of business for that kind of behavior. They certainly wouldn't get mine again.
I understand what you're saying, and you're certainly entitled to not give them your business. As for the intention thing though, that was going back to your original comment. You said: "What if I invited a friend over who wasn't planning on it but fell asleep in my room? Should I pay extra?" That hypothetical clearly doesn't apply in this case, because the OP invited the third person over with the intention of having that third person sleep in the suite.

No idea about the picking up a girl at the bar scenario, but I imagine it's fairly rare to pick up someone at the bar to go from two to three in a room (one to two would be much more likely, but I don't know of any SPG hotels that charge extra for double occupancy). I don't know though -- maybe other SPG elites have had better luck than me using their Global Ambassador credentials to impress strangers enough to have a threesome.