FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - suite usage 2 -> 3 people (Additional charge appropriate?)
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:10 am
NYTA

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
If you make a rezzie for two people when you intend to have three, that's a problem. Why not just tell the truth? You don't like the hotel's rules about more than two people? Don't stay there.
In this case the OP made a reservation for two with the intention of having two. Then when he/she saw there was another bed, another guest was invited. (Who am I to judge the situation? Menage a trois? Stopping a drunk friend from driving home? Who cares) By your standards, the hotel shouldn't have charged for the third person since the original intent was to have two people and that's what was reserved. I have taken two rooms at the Sheraton in Rome with my wife and kids since the "rules" there only allow three people per room (fire codes according to them, revenue "enhancement" if you ask me) while at the Sheraton in NYC, all four of us have stayed in the same room (which was much smaller in NY, by the way) because the rules didn't prohibit it. I think the OPs situation is not the same.