FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ
Old Mar 1, 2016, 8:28 am
Microwave
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by pinksalsa
Personally, buying stickers (even though at $30 each) is nonsense.
$30 for what? A business class domestica with no IFE, old seats, a $10 boring food, and couple of drinks? No way! For me, that's not business.
Id rather spend (at airport before boarding or in the restaurant before airport) a real GREAT meal for $40 or $50, and forget about eating a $10 meal in the plane. (A $10 small no variable meal which costs $30 per 500-miles?!?!?!!).
How in da world would i pay for such a robbery? A robbery that can cost even $120 for a pretty short flight (3 stickers for a 1,500 miles flights).
I do the math, and it makes no sense for me.
This is the beauty of the programme: those who don't value the upgrades don't clog up the system with upgraders, leaving room for those of us that do value them.

Originally Posted by MADPhil
2: Yes and you will automatically be on the upgrade list. I don't know whether you could decline an upgrade in favour of another pax if there was only one seat and they were next on the list but that might be possible.
I may be wrong but I think that EXPs are not automatically added to the upgrade list if there are multiple people on the PNR.