View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 16, 8:50 pm
Seat 2A

Programs: Alaska Airlines Million Miler, United Airlines Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond Level
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
49. If you wanted to fly out of Bakersfield, California aboard a McDonnell-Douglas DC-9-10, only one airline fits the bill with a single daily flight. Identify that airline and the city you’d be flying to.

Among US carriers this would have to be Republic/Northwest, at whichever stage of the consolidation it was at this point in 1987; Phoenix is about the only destination on their route map that makes sense ... that posited, however, I'm now thinking this operator was more likely from south of the border -- perhaps Aero California, to La Paz

Bakersfield to La Paz service? C'mon now J, tell me true... Have you been drinking?!

No, it wasn't RC/NW, nor was it Aero California. I'll give you a hint - the flight out of Bakersfield was greater than 500 miles in length.

51. Five airlines operate mainline jet service between Long Island’s MacArthur Airport (ISP) and the three Washington DC area airports. Three airlines serve Washington Dulles (IAD), one serves Washington National (DCA) and one serves Baltimore (BWI). Identify each airline and the airport it serves.

Let's move CO to Dulles, and toss American into the mix there as well ... which leaves our list with a BWI vacancy that might have been filled by ... Piedmont?

Mission accomplished. Well done ^^