FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2016 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:11 am
wrp96
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by mary_228
Travelling on a flight marketed by AA but not operated by either American Eagle or American. As a Gold member I normally get free bag check for myself and my son traveling on the same itinerary (record locator). In this case, am I likely to have to pay bags fees? I did purchase the tickets using my Citi Platinum card at least, but that usually would only get me the one bag I believe.

My flight:
3352 American Airlines
Operated by Envoy Air As American Eagle

From the policy:
"marketed and operated by American Airlines or marketed by American or American Eagle"

Finally, my husband will be joining me for one of the legs but has different record locator number because we booked at a later date. Is there any way to connect our common segment so that he can benefit by my free bag perk if indeed it is offered to me on this flight?
Envoy Air as American Eagle is an American Eagle flight so you will get your first bag free as a Gold.

Note for the Citicard benefit you don't have to purchase your flight with the card. You just have to have the card and have your AA number in your reservation at least 7 days before the flight. Not that it matters for this flight since you are AA Gold.