FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another 1k benefit going away -- $60 statement credit for MP Chase Credit Card
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:07 pm
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by emcampbe
They did. The Select. 3 x on UA purchases, 2 x on *A plus gas, grocery, drug and home improvement. 1 PQM for each $ spent on UA.com, up to 5000/year. Plus the ability to use points earned on the card to reimburse UA spend (even if not at the best value).

Not offered anymore, but those of us who had this before the merger have kept the same benefits if we kept the card. Would never switch to a current card, unless I really wanted a club membership. Passes are of dubious value - the only real benefit of the explorer for elites (IME) is the upgrade eligibility on award tickets. Club passes are ok as well, but not something worth switching cards for. I'm still happy with the Select.
Yes, I realize there was some legacy card out there from the CO side, but I was referring to something currently offered. If it was available today, I would be very interested in getting it for the 3X/2X earn rates. I don't really need extra PQD (at this point). Curious, is there an annual fee for it?

For the Explorer, I am not sure that the upgrade eligibility on award tickets is even much of a benefit when I can't even clear CPUs on higher fare buckets. If I remember correctly, it is only for domestic tickets, where upgrade space is pretty much non existent now.