FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking LATAM (LAN and TAM) award / flights using AA miles
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:09 am
flyingeph12

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lakersown81
If I remember correctly from my experience, I think the AA agent said LAN needs the ticket within 3 days. They said they can do a 5 day hold but there wasn't a guarantee the LAN segments would be there after 3 days. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember from a few months ago.
That's interesting. I've never heard of this rule, although I did have that one experience where my hold was cancelled before I expected it to (by a few hours) (I have wondered if it was because they cancelled it after 5 days exactly as opposed to midnight on the fifth day). I have experienced many times agents who tell me that LA flights can't be held, but every time, I ask them to double check, and they always come back and tell me that I can hold for 5 days. And based on my recent experience ticketing LAN awards, I have (in general) been able to hold for 5 days.

I guess, though, the bottom line is that it would be safer to ticket as soon as possible.